Saturday, September 02, 2006

Meet Ilara Romany

Set directly in the middle of her eight siblings, Ilara has twenty-one years behind her when her life undergoes the biggest upheaval she has known since the death of her parents. Secluded for so long in the depths of Braedoch Forest, the thought of separating from her eight siblings, the only people on earth whom she can love and trust, terrifies her. She is proud and relies on none but herself, for to her, strangers are not to be trusted.

Ilara's abhorrence of anything deceitful has made her direct and honest. Blunt, even. Sensitive to the core, she wears her heart on her sleeve but backs off when it gets hurt- an occurrence too common for her to seek new friends.

A beautiful girl who doesn't know it herself, Ilara has long wavy hair as black as ebony that shimmers a fiery red by sunlight. Her eyes are the common hazel-gray of her family, her skin pale from her tendency to travel by night and hide in the covering of the forest rather than come across a stranger in the light of day.

Sharing a common trait with most of her siblings, Ilara has become comfortable in solitude and tends toward introversion. She has spent countless solitary hours honing her skills at archery, knife-throwing, hunting, and fishing. Having mastered the arts of survival, she does not fear the wilds she must tame to find her place in the world; what she fears most are the people who will cross her path. When it comes to beasts, she knows she can master them. When it comes to humans, she'd rather run away.


About Me


My name is Elizabeth Russell, but please, call me Libby. I'm a homeschool graduate of a few years, on the verge of adulthood while clinging desperately to the qualities of childhood I hope never to lose. Like imagination and the wonder of God's creation. I am a nanny and a PCA, a sister to three wonderful siblings, and an amateur foosball master. ;-) I love Jesus with all of my heart, and I love singing to him in the shower or on walks in the park. I'm a goofball through and through, but I can't repeat a joke to save my life.

I'm definitely not a seasoned professional when it comes to writing. I started just last year with my first novel, still in the works, Clarabelle (you can find it serialized here: xanga.com/All_the_while_immersed.) The occasional short story or poem comes out of the woodwork, but my true literary love is the fairytale, which is why my first novel is a retelling of Grimms' Snow White. Fantasy and chaste romance are integral traits of the fairytale, which is why writing a fantasy series with the girls from the Wayside Inn Writers Society was an opportunity I couldn't pass up.

Before writing took its grip on my interests, I was always interested in visual art. I've been drawing since I was able to hold a crayon. I hope to eventually hone my skills at drawing, learn some skills at painting, and combine them with my small skill at writing and become a children's book author and illustrator. My life is an open canvas.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Romany Epistles said...

I like it. :-)
Libby, can you tell me how to set up an "about me" thingy? Is that just a regular post that will get shoved to the back and no longer be visable after you've posted the five showing entries, or is there a special way to do it?

~Britt

September 02, 2006 5:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home